And so after a few months or years your carpet has bumps,waves or bubbles in it.
However you describe it,you think “oh oh; Do I have to buy new carpet now”
Well I’m here to tell you that you don’t. In fact I get asked “Can I repair those waves in My carpet” a lot,so I decided to post this.
Since I have gotten quite handy at fixing carpets here are a few tips that you should know about that will save you a ton of money if you don’t want to spend a small fortune to buy a new one.
So what you do is this.
- You buy or rent a power stretcher that will allow you to stretch the carpet well. You may have to rent or buy a kicker and a few other tools also. You don’t want to just use a kicker because that will not get it tight and you might do a lot of damage to your knee if you don’t use it properly.
- You pull up the carpet all around the edges, making sure that you don’t pull apart the seams because that requires different tools to seam them back togethor. Also you might have to take up the base board if it wasn’t installed properly in the first place.
- You will probably have to take apart some of the seams,so that you won’t stretch past doorways,corners,etc. Only cut off the amount needed. DO NOT cut off to much or you will have to buy a new carpet.
- You will then have to seam those areas back togethor with a hot seamer and a couple of other tools. Make sure they are tight fitting and don’t overlap or the seams will look horrible and be so obvious.
- Use the stretcher and kicker to stretch it back in place. You should stretch the carpet at an angle one way,depending on the direction of the carpet, and stretch the other way straight on.
- Cut the edges down,push it down,and then install the baseboard if you took it off. Do not cut the edgeing short
Or maybe or just possibly for some unknow reason,your skills aren’t quite the same as my 35 years experience. Of course it will take more time experience and money to fix it once it has been messed around with. Call Pablo at Curlys Carpet Repair; if you want to do it right the first time and save money and your carpet